After having received many emails asking for a 3" trout reel for 3 and 4 wt. rods in the classic plate wind design, I decided to ask the trout fishermen directly what they would like to see in a reel. I absolutely believe that the fishermen should have a say in the characteristics of the product they will be using. The response was tremendous and the information both highly personal and simply invaluable. I have gathered several reels worth of information, and I've pulled together some of the most common characteristics sought after to create the the Single Spey Trout Reel, which is my introductory trout reel.
This isn't a reel for the masses with elements for this and that style of fishing. This reel will have a small production, so each one is somehow more special and has become a favorite of the reels that I produce. It seems so small compared to the spey reels and it just "purrs like a kitten". I worked very hard on the sound of this reel more so than any other. I believe with this reel, I am closer to my goal of making some of the finest and most affordable U.S.A. made click and pawl reels available.
* The Reels are machined in the U.S.A. from solid 6061 T6 aluminum
*Spool O.D. 2 1/2" - Gap 5/8" - Arbor O.D. 1"
* Each model can be easily adjusted for right or left hand retrieve.
* Gears and pawls are cut from 410 stainless steel.
* Internally adjustable Stainless Steel Ring driven click and pawl drag system, 100% corrosion free.
* Stainless steel pawl posts with a thread and nut application for a longer lasting post stability.
* Lifetime limited warranty for the original owner.
* ABEC-7 STAINLESS STEEL ball bearings
* HANDLE CHOICES*
* Marbled Grey.
*HARDWARE AND FOOT CHOICES*
* Hard brass foot , counter weight , and handle cup
* 6061 T6 aluminum foot , counter weight , and handle cup
*CAGE AND SPOOL FINISH CHOICES*
* Hard Coat III Anodized to a dark machine gun matte black finish. Hard Coat III is the second hardest substance in the world, preceded only by diamond. This coating will not scratch off.
* Raw; just left up the mother nature to patina.
* Electro-Clear coated to preserve the natural beauty of the material.
* Glass beaded sandblast, non-reflective.
*THE SNAKE ROLL UPGRADE*
* Any Spey Company Reel can be upgraded with the classic"S" handle
*MACHINE WEIGHTS *
*MACHINE WEIGHTS *
* 4.5 to 5.5 ounces depending on your finish choice of your reel. We can add more weight if you need it. Please email me for the details.